Claims Advice

Accidents can occur in every aspect of public life and disrupt your life in more ways than one. Our solicitors can help get you back on your feet after an accident in a Public place. Contact us today to file your Personal Injury claim.

Can I Make a Personal Injury Claim For An Accident in a Public Place?

By law the Local Council must maintain its network of roads and pavements in order to protect the members of the Public. After all it is the Public's council tax that contributes to this maintenance. The Highway Act will act as the Council’s defence whilst the Court will take into consideration the fact that the Council cannot be everywhere at once but don’t let this deter you.

What Public Place Accidents Can I Claim for?

The Council is told to look out for road and pavement defects such as, potholes, sinking/raised/rocking paving stones, damaged street furniture, trees roots etc. so if you’ve come into contact with one of these we recommend that you give us a call.

What Evidence do I Need to Support my Personal Injury Claim?

If you have been involved in an accident in a Public place then you must report it immediately to the manager of the premises and ensure that the customer accident book is completed fully and accurately as soon as possible while the details are still fresh.

Where possible take photographs of what caused your accident and any witness statements. We also recommend that you sketch a brief diagram of the scene of the accident.