Domestic Abuse Solicitors

Domestic abuse can occur in many different forms. It is important that you do not suffer in silence.

The types of protective orders available fall into two categories, non-molestation orders and occupation orders.

A non-molestation order is made for the protection of  a person, or child. The order can be applied for by  an ‘associated person’, as set out below:-

  • If you have been married to each other, or have been civil partners;
  • Cohabitants or former cohabitants;
  • If you live or have lived in the same household (for a reason other than being the employee, tenant, lodger or boarder);
  • Relatives (– this includes grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, step-parents and step-children);
  • You have agreed to marry or enter into a civil partnership or have or have had an intimate personal relationship which was of significant duration;
  • In relation to a child, parents or those who have or have had parental responsibility;
  • Parties to the same family proceedings (other than proceedings under Part IV of FLA 1996).

At Jackson Lees, we make you and your family our priority from the very moment you pick up the phone. Our Family Law experts will provide sympathetic and practical advice.

If you feel like you are in an abusive relationship, call our Family team for a free and confidential chat, to help you understand how we can help. Speaking to someone is the first step to taking control of your situation.